Tertiary students

​​If you're a Victorian undergraduate student studying full time on campus, you may be eligible for a Concession myki.​

Young people in cafe using laptop with bus in background


Check that your course and education institution are on the Register of Approved Courses in Tertiary Institutions at the bottom of this page.

Residential status

You need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply for a student pass.

You're also eligible if you're a student who:

  • has refugee status
  • is studying as part of an approved overseas exchange program
  • holds an Australian Awards Scholarship.

Postgraduate or part-time students

Postgraduate and part-time students aren't eligible for concession fares. However you may be eligible for a Concession myki if you have a Health Care Card or another concession entitlement. Find out more about concession and free travel

International students

International undergraduate students can save 50 per cent on an annual myki card with an iUSEPass

How to apply

Download the PTV Tertiary Student ID form below:

The PTV Tertiary Student ID costs $9. You can find information on where to submit your application on the form.

Once you've received your PTV Tertiary Student ID, you can use a Concession myki.

Concession passengers with an Android phone can use Mobile myki, and select General concession as the fare type. 

Register of Approved Courses in Tertiary Institutions

Only students undertaking VCE or VCAL courses are eligible to purchase a student pass.

If you're a tertiary student studying an approved courses listed below, you're eligible to obtain a PTV Tertiary Student ID, allowing you to travel on a concession fare.