DHHS Carer Card

​​You can enjoy free weekend travel with a Victorian Carer Card ('We Care' card) issued by the Department of Health and Human Services. You may also be eligible for concession fares.

The Victorian Carer Card ('We Care' card) entitles you to free weekend travel in any two consecutive zones. Cardholders who live in Victoria will also receive two free off-peak travel vouchers

If you hold one of the following cards, you're also entitled to concession fares:

  • Seniors Card
  • Pensioner Card
  • Health Care Card
  • PTV School Student ID, PTV Tertiary Student ID or PTV Asylum Seeker ID.

To find out more about the Victorian Carer Card, visit the Carer Card website

How to travel

Take your Victorian Carer Card to a staffed metropolitan station to buy a specially encoded myki. You can buy a Full Fare myki, or a Concession myki if you're eligible.

Concession passengers with an Android phone can use Mobile myki, and select General concession as the fare type. 

Please note only the 50 per cent of full fare discount is currently available for General concession. We're working to introduce other concession card types to Mobile myki that will have the relevant additional fare benefits associated to them.