Travel Trainer Pass

The Travel Trainer Pass lets employees or agents of not-for-profit organisation​s travel for free while travel-training clients on public transport. Find out if your organisation is eligible, and how to apply.


To be eligible for a Travel Trainer Pass, an organisation must:

  • be a registered not-for-profit organisation.
  • have a primary focus of providing rehabilitation, education or employment programs for people with a disability.
  • provide and deliver travel-training to people with a disability enabling them to travel independently on Victoria’s trains, trams and buses.
  • service multiple clients.

The Travel Trainer Pass can only be used when travel-training clients on public transport. It can't be used for:

  • an individual of the organisation’s personal travel on public transport.
  • an individual of the organisation’s business trips on public transport.
  • excursions or group travel on public transport that the organisation may conduct

How to travel

An employee or agent that is travel-training a client or clients can travel for free on:

  • metropolitan trains, trams and buses
  • V/Line trains and coaches
  • regional town buses
  • regional services that have a contract or service agreement with Public Transport Victoria.

Check if the Travel Trainer Pass is accepted before travelling with an interstate or private operator. These include NSW TrainLink, Great Southern Railway, airport services, tourist railways, privately run bus services and chartered trains, trams and buses.

The pass will be loaded onto a myki. The holder is still required to touch on and off when travelling on public transport.

How to apply

Download the Travel Trainer Pass application form:

There's information about how to apply on the form. If you would like the application form posted to you or help completing the form, call 1800 800 007 or visit a PTV Hub.