Parliament site establishment
Early June 2022 to July 2023
From early June 2022 to July 2022, works to establish site compounds at the following locations will start:
- 210-230 Spring Street, Melbourne
- 108 Spring Street, Melbourne
The site compounds will be used from early June 2022 to July 2023 to provide essential amenities for construction workers, project engineers and support staff.
Works taking place
From early June 2022, activities to establish the sites will include:
- Temporary fencing installed around the sites, with pedestrian access maintained
- Site establishment activities, including installing site sheds, creating laydown areas for construction equipment and installing worker amenities
Site establishment works will take place during normal construction hours, between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and 7am and 1pm Saturdays.
When works are required outside of normal construction hours, we will be in touch with affected traders and residents.
What to expect
- Pedestrian access changes at the Macarthur Street and Lonsdale Street entrances to Parliament Station will be in place from June 2022 to July 2023. Please follow the signs and instructions in place
- Brief pedestrian detour on Lonsdale and Spring streets, access to Parliament Station via Lonsdale and Nicholson streets from mid-June
- Brief pedestrian detour on Macarthur Street, access to Parliament Station via Spring Street from mid-June
- Traffic management will be in place to ensure the safety of road users and pedestrians during works
- Construction workers, vehicles, machinery, equipment and lighting on site
- Medium levels of noise from machinery, such as excavators at various times during construction hours
Changes to parking
A limited amount of paid public car parks will be occupied on Nicholson Street for construction site access:
- Five car parks opposite St Andrews Place will be unavailable for public parking from June 2022 until July 2023
- Temporary fencing will be in place around these car parks
Site establishment area
Staying in touch
The Level Crossing Removal Project is delivering these works on behalf of the Victorian Government. If you have
any questions about works, email us at [email protected] or call 1800 105 105.
Translation service – For languages other than English, please call 9209 0147.
If you need assistance because of a hearing or speech impairment, please visit relayservice.gov.au.