If you're travelling in a group of 12 or more, you can get a concession discount with a Group Travel Authority or V/Line Group Travel ticket.
If you’re travelling on the metropolitan public transport network and/or the myki regional town bus network your group travel ticket is a Group Travel Authority.
If you’re travelling on the regional train and coach network (V/Line) you can get a V/Line Group Travel Ticket. This excludes myki regional town buses.
Victorian early schooling groups
If you’re a Victorian preschool, kindergarten or primary school group travelling on the metropolitan and/or regional network your group travel option is a Group Travel Authority.
Excursion groups of 12 to 35 people travel for free as a group, when the entire journey on a school day is between 9.30am and 3.30pm, or after 6pm (on V/Line) or 7pm (metropolitan services). On weekends, the journey can be any time.
The group must be made up of preschool, kindergarten or primary school children and up to six accompanying adults. We limit group sizes to make sure there's enough room for all passengers to travel safely.
Groups of 12 or more can travel together at a discounted rate on metropolitan trains, trams and buses, and myki regional town buses.
The Group Travel Authority is an electronic ticket that can be displayed on a mobile device or printed out and carried with the group when travelling.
- Your group can include up to 35 people on trams and trains, and 25 on buses.
- The entire group must travel together and get on and off at the same stations or stops.
- A Group Travel Authority is available for 2 hour and daily myki Money fares in a given day. If your group requires travel on different days then a Group Travel Authority is required for each day’s travel.
- You'll be charged the concession fare for zones you'll be travelling in, multiplied by the number of people in your group. Concession fares are 50 per cent of a full fare.
- If you’re a Victorian preschool, kindergarten or primary school group that meets the above criteria, your travel is free. Otherwise you will be charged the concession fare.
- Group travel isn't available on Night Network.
- There are no refunds if your trip is cancelled or fewer people travel than you paid for.
- The Group Travel Authority was previously called Prepaid Travel Authority. For more information, contact us online or call 1800 800 007.
Apply for a Group Travel Authority
Groups of 12 or more can travel together at a discounted rate on regional V/Line trains and coaches.
For more information on eligibility and how to apply, visit the V/Line website.