Use the Group Travel Authority form to book your travel on all public transport services within zones 1 and 2 or the myki regional town bus network.
Use the V/Line Group Travel form to book your travel on V/Line’s regional train and coach network. This excludes myki regional town buses. For more information on eligibility and how to apply, visit the V/Line website.
Victorian early schooling groups
Victorian preschool, kindergarten or primary school excursion groups of 12 to 35 people travel for free when the entire journey is on a school day between 9.00am and 4.00pm, or after 6pm (on V/Line) or 7pm (metropolitan services). On weekends, the journey can be any time. Travel outside of these periods will be charged.
The group can include up to six accompanying adults. We limit group sizes to make sure there's enough room for all passengers to travel safely.
The Group Travel Authority is an electronic ticket that can be displayed on a mobile device or printed out and carried with the group when travelling.
Important details for Group Travel Authority bookings
- You must book at least three business days before travel for your request to be processed and approved.
- If applicable, your Group Travel Authority will only be issued once payment is received. It can take up to two business days for payments to be received
- Group sizes are from 12 to 35 people.
- Having a Group Travel Authority does not guarantee a reserved seat on any service due to potential capacity constraints.
- The entire group must travel together and get on and off at the same stations or stops.
- If you’re a Victorian preschool, kindergarten or primary school group travelling between 9:00am and 4:00pm or after 7pm, your travel is free. Otherwise you will be charged the concession fare.
- 2 hour or Daily Group Travel Authority tickets are available. You'll be charged the concession fare for zones you'll be travelling in, multiplied by the number of people in your group. Concession fares are 50 per cent of a full fare.
- If your group is travelling on multiple days then a Group Travel Authority is required for each day’s travel.
- Group travel isn't available on Night Network.
- There are no refunds if your trip is cancelled or fewer people travel than you paid for.
- For helpful tips on travelling as a group, download the .
- The Group Travel Authority was previously called Prepaid Travel Authority. For more information, contact us online or call 1800 800 007.