Flagstaff Station area update
Throughout March, crews will be working at Flagstaff Station. Standard working hours are 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 7am to 3pm Saturdays. Throughout March, crews will be working outside of these hours, outlined below.
Works taking place
Activities throughout March will include:
- Delivery, installation and removal of construction machinery, equipment and materials
- Cranes used within the site compounds and a generator operating at each site compound
Works locations and times
Works will take place at the following locations:
- Royal Mint site compound at 280 William Street, Melbourne
- Flagstaff Gardens site compound opposite 469 La Trobe Street, Melbourne
Works will take place 24 hours a day during the following times:
- 7pm Friday 3 March to 5am Monday 6 March
- 7pm Friday 17 March to 5am Monday 20 March
- 7pm Friday 24 March to 5am Monday 27 March
Night works will take place as required during the following times:
- 6pm to 7am Wednesday 1 March to Friday 31 March
What to expect
- Traffic management will be in place to ensure the safety of road users and pedestrians during works
- Construction workers, vehicles, machinery, equipment and lighting on site to support night works
- Noise from machinery, including a crane, light tower and demolition and scaffolding works within vent shafts
- Noise from trucks, lifting equipment and a generator
The timing and scope of these works are subject to change. We will be in touch with affected traders and residents about any significant changes.
Changes to travel
- Intermittent temporary northbound lane closure on William Street, between Little Lonsdale Street and La Trobe Street, between 9pm to 5am Friday 3 March, Friday 17 March, and Friday 24 March
- There will be no vehicle access to William Street from Little Lonsdale Street during these times
- Brief vehicle detour via Little Lonsdale Street, Queen Street and La Trobe Street
- Pedestrian access to Flagstaff Station and Flagstaff Railway Station/William Street tram stops will be maintained
Flagstaff Station works area
Staying in touch
The Level Crossing Removal Project is delivering these works on behalf of the Victorian Government. For more information, visit ptv.vic.gov.au/cityloopupgrades. If you have any questions about works, email us at [email protected] or call 1800 105 105.
Translation service – For languages other than English, please call 9209 0147.
If you need assistance because of a hearing or speech impairment, please visit relayservice.gov.au.