Parliament Station area update
Throughout March, crews will be working at Parliament Station. Standard working hours are 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 7am to 3pm Saturdays. Throughout March, crews will be working outside of these hours.
Works taking place
Activities throughout March will include:
- Onsite cranes, delivery, installation and removal of construction machinery, equipment and materials
Works locations and times
Works will take place at the following locations:
- Parliament Station north site compound at 210-230 Spring Street, Melbourne
- Parliament Station south site compound at 108 Spring Street, Melbourne
Works will take place 24 hours a day during the following times:
- 7pm Friday 3 March to 5am Monday 6 March
- 7pm Friday 17 March to 5am Monday 20 March
- 7pm Friday 24 March to 5am Monday 27 March
Night works will take place as required during the following times:
- 6pm to 7am Wednesday 1 March to Friday 31 March
What to expect
- Traffic management will be in place to ensure the safety of road users and pedestrians during works
- Construction workers, vehicles, machinery, equipment and lighting on site to support night works
- Noise from machinery, including a crane, light tower and demolition and installation works within vent shafts
The timing and scope of these works are subject to change. We will be in touch with affected traders and residents about any significant changes.
Changes to travel
- Closure of the Parliament Station entry (adjacent to Gordon Reserve) and pedestrian access between Macarthur
Street and Spring Street until 5pm Friday 10 March 2023
- Short pedestrian detour via Macarthur Street and Spring Street
- Parliament Station access remains open via Collins Street, Bourke Street and Nicholson Street/Lonsdale Street
Staying in touch
The Level Crossing Removal Project is delivering these works on behalf of the Victorian Government. For more information, visit ptv.vic.gov.au/cityloopupgrades. If you have any questions about works, email us at [email protected] or call 1800 105 105.
Translation service – For languages other than English, please call 9209 0147.
If you need assistance because of a hearing or speech impairment, please visit relayservice.gov.au.