Victoria's public transport network
Victoria’s public transport network comprises train, tram, bus and coach services. These services are provided by independent operators via contracts managed by Public Transport Victoria.
- Customer service charters: Victoria's major train and tram operators are required to provide commitments to protect the rights of passengers as part of their contracts with the State Government. These commitments are covered in Customer Service Charters that also include a compensation code for passengers.
- Public transport partnership agreements: The public transport partnership agreements clearly outline the roles and responsibilities of the operators and Public Transport Victoria.
- Performance monitoring: Public Transport Victoria monitors the performance of contracted train, tram and bus operators throughout Victoria to ensure that the standard of service provision meets community needs and expectations.
- Fundraising and promotional activity on the PT network: There are a range of requirements and restrictions that apply when it comes to accessing the public transport network for community or professional activities.
- Network statistics: Statistics about the public transport network.
- History: Track back to where public transport all began.