We’ve put together a list of resources to help students and researchers find transport statistics, Minister's statements and more.
Resources on our website
- Ticketing information, including myki
- Statistics, data and reporting
- Public transport projects
- For more public transport information, click on More (top of page), then select Travelling on the network. Or use the search function to find what you're looking for.
About public transport
- Find out about how Victoria's transport network is planned and coordinated on the Transport for Victoria website.
Statements by Ministers
- To read everything Ministers say during question time in Parliament, search Hansard online.
- Find information and statistics about how people travel in Victoria in the Victorian Integrated Survey of Travel and Activity (VISTA) on the Transport for Victoria website
Transport portfolio projects
- Find information about transport planning and major projects on the Transport For Victoria website
Still can’t find what you’re looking for?
Students should submit their requests and questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least five working days before deadline. Enquiries submitted within a shorter deadline may not be answered.
The PTV media team gets a large volume of enquiries from media organisations and journalists. We have to give priority to media outlets and can only respond to students by email.
Students should provide a name, contact email, phone number and university / school being attended and advise whether the request is for publication or an assignment. Students should send all questions in advance and advise if they intend to record or film an interview.
Do not submit this form if you’re:
- Requesting to take photos at train stations; instead find who to contact at Photography and filming.
- Enquiring about a public transport fine; instead find more information about public transport fines, including how to dispute a fine, on the Transport for Victoria website.
The student will be advised if the communications team is unable to respond to the enquiry. In these instances the communications team will provide guidance on where the enquiry should be directed to.