Public transport partnership agreements
The current contracts for public transport services in metropolitan and regional Victoria.
View or download the Train Franchise Agreement (Volumes 1 and 2)
View or download the Tram Franchise Agreement (Volumes 1 and 2)
View or download the Projects Agreement - Train
View or download the Projects Agreement - Tram
View or download the Transdev Melbourne Franchise Agreement
The partnership agreements clearly outline the roles and responsibilities of the operators and Public Transport Victoria.
- Day-to-day operation of trains and trams to Public Transport Victoria performance standards
- Responsibility for customer service, including tickets sales, passenger security and station staff
- Employment and management of staff
- Maintenance and cleaning of vehicles, tracks and stations.
- Safety regulation*
- Sustainable funding
- Coordination of timetables between trains, trams and buses
- Long-term network and strategic planning
- Development of a new ticketing system.
*For more information about safety regulation, visit transportsafety.vic.gov.au.
If you require further information or a copy of any of the documents, please contact: