School bus centre review program
We review the School Bus Program services regularly to make sure the program is effective and in line with the Department of Education and Training's policy. Information on this page is for school bus operators.
You can check which school bus networks participated in reviews for 2020 and 2021 at:
- School Bus Centre Review Plan for January 2020 to December 2020
- School Bus Centre Review Plan for January 2021 to December 2021
Service variations practice note
Practice Note No. 1 of 2019 covers service variations resulting from reviews initiated by both PTV and operators. It covers processes, rights, obligations and consequences.
Operators can carry out a school bus network review in a centre that isn't included in the list of planned reviews. Before beginning the network review, an operator must get approval from PTV. Contact your relevant contract manager to get started.
Once approved, an operator can request the following templates to carry out a network review. The Operator Initiated Procedure Document describes how and when you should use them.
- Operator Initiated Procedure Document - you must follow the procedure in this document
- Notification to Public Transport Victoria
- Notification to Bus Association Victoria
- Notification to coordinating schools
- Operator project management plan template
- Letter submitted with draft review
- Checklist template
School bus contract ballot procedure
The School bus contract ballot procedures apply to operators and PTV. The Operator Initiated Procedure Document will detail when you need to use this document.