Public transport partnership agreements
You can view the current contracts for public transport services in metropolitan Melbourne on the Tenders Victoria website. The partnership agreements outline the roles and responsibilities of the operators and PTV.
View or download the Franchise Agreement - Train
View or download the Franchise Agreement - Tram
View or download the Melbourne Metropolitan Bus Services Franchise Agreement
- Day-to-day operation of trains and trams to PTV performance standards
- Responsibility for customer service, including tickets sales, passenger security and station staff
- Employment and management of staff
- Maintenance and cleaning of vehicles, tracks and stations
- Safety regulation
- Sustainable funding
- Coordination of timetables between trains, trams and buses
- Long-term network and strategic planning
- Development of a new ticketing system
Find more information about legislation relevant to PTV at Legislation.
You can also ask for more information about the documents or ask for copies. Find more information at Freedom of Information.