Bendigo/Echuca V/Line timetable changes including the introduction of a weekday Castlemaine shuttle
From Sunday 19 November 2023, a new regional timetable will be introduced on the Bendigo/Echuca lines thanks to the completion of the track works as part of the Big Build’s Bendigo Echuca Line Upgrade project.
A new Castlemaine shuttle will also be introduced on weekdays that will get passengers to Bendigo before 8am.
- Bendigo/Echuca Line passengers will benefit from improved journey time savings up to 7 minutes due to increased track speeds of 100km between Goornong and Echuca.
- All weekday and all weekend services will experience these improved journey times.
- These time savings have been made possible by upgrades to a 60km section of track between Goornong and Echuca allowing trains to travel at up to 100km between Goornong and Echuca, up from 80km.
- The project has delivered new stations at Raywood, Goornong and Huntly, giving people in growing communities access to trains close to where they live, and better reliability.
- Ten level crossings between Eaglehawk and Bendigo have also been upgraded with better train detection technology, boosting safety and allowing more services in this section.
- There are also the following minor changes to late-night Epsom and Eaglehawk services:
- The 8:25pm Southern Cross Station to Epsom will instead run to Eaglehawk.
- The 9:07pm Southern Cross Station to Eaglehawk will instead run to Epsom.
- The 10:37pm Epsom to Bendigo will depart later at 11:20pm.
- From Sunday 19 November 2023, a new 7:20am Castlemaine service will be introduced on weekdays that gets passengers to Bendigo before 8am.
- The arrival into Bendigo at 7:45am will ensure passengers can meet school bus and train connections, start work at 8am, or have time to grab a cuppa before the workday begins.
- The short new service will stop at Castlemaine at 7:20am, Kangaroo Flat at 7:38am and Bendigo at 7:45am.
- The short new service will help reduce crowding on the first morning train from Southern Cross Station to Bendigo, making it a more comfortable journey for Castlemaine and Kangaroo Flat passengers.