Timetable changes on the Geelong and Warrnambool lines
From Sunday 29 May 2022, there will be new train timetables for the Geelong and Warrnambool lines thanks to the opening of a brand-new platform at Waurn Ponds Station and track and signalling upgrades across both lines.
What’s changing on the Geelong Line?
The new Geelong Line timetable will see:
- 20 services extended to and from Waurn Ponds Station each week, with two extended services in the morning and two in the evening on weekdays.
- Nine-car VLocity trains introduced on three weekday Wyndham Vale services, boosting capacity and providing a more comfortable journey for passengers.
- Buses re-coordinated with new trains services at Waurn Ponds Station and Marshall Station.
- The 4.32pm and 6.13pm outbound Geelong train depart Southern Cross Station 1 minute earlier.
Following the completion of track works at Waurn Ponds, trains are required to temporarily run slower on some sections of the line.
As a result, there will be minor journey time delays on some Geelong services from 29 May to 29 June 2022.
What’s changing on the Warrnambool Line?
The new Warrnambool Line timetable will see:
- Bus and coach services re-coordinated to align with the new train timetables.
- All weekday Warrnambool trains will depart Southern Cross Station 1 minute earlier.
Following completion of track works at Waurn Ponds, trains are required to temporarily run slower on some sections of the line.
There will be journey time delays between 3 and 9 minutes on some Warrnambool services from 29 May to 29 June 2022.
To check if your bus or coach service is affected and check the new timetables, visit Bus and coach timetable adjustments for improved travel on the Geelong and Warrnambool lines.