You’ll need a myki for your journey.
- If you use a myki Pass, you’ll need to choose the zones you want to travel in and the number of consecutive days you need when you buy it.
- If you use myki Money, your fare is automatically calculated as you touch on and touch off.
There are three fare groups, based on metropolitan zones: Free Tram Zone, Zone 1+2 and Zone 2 only. Find out more about zones.
Concession fares and free travel apply throughout Victoria. Find out if you’re eligible for concession fares and free travel.
Free Tram Zone
- Applies to tram travel only.
- If you're only travelling in the Free Tram Zone (PDF) 491 KB , your journey is free and you don't need a myki. If you accidentally touch on, you'll be charged a 2 hour Zone 1+2 fare. For more information, see the Fares and Ticketing Manual.
- If you start or finish your journey outside the Free Tram Zone you need to pay for your journey and use a myki.
- Applies to train, tram and bus travel.
- Travel entirely within Zone 1.
- Travel between the Free Tram Zone, Zone 1 and Zone 2.
- Travel between Zone 1 and Zone 2.
Zone 2 only
- Applies to train, tram and bus travel.
- Travel entirely within Zone 2.
- Travel entirely within the Zone 1/2 boundary overlap.
- Travel to Zone 1/2 boundary overlap from Zone 2.
A daily cap is the maximum you'll pay for a day’s unlimited travel – it’s the same as two 2 hour fares, for the zones you travel in.
The fares below are effective from 1 January 2019.
myki Fare Calculators
Use the calculators below to work out how much your journey will cost you, and to find the most cost effective way for you to travel using myki.
If you travel occasionally, pay as you go with myki Money. Load a dollar amount onto your card and your myki will automatically calculate the lowest fare possible as you touch on and touch off.
myki Money 2 hour fare
|2 hour||Zone 1 + 2||Zone 2|
myki Money Daily fare
|Daily||Zone 1 + 2||Zone 2|
myki Daily fare caps
|Other ticket / caps||Full fare||Concession||Seniors|
|Weekend daily cap||$6.40||$3.20||-|
|Public holiday cap||$6.40||$3.20||$3.20*|
*Seniors daily cap - Seniors myki cardholders never pay more than $4.40 for unlimited travel in Zones 1 and 2. Seniors also receive free travel on Saturdays and Sundays for trips entirely within one or two consecutive zones (including within Zone 1+2) and on regional town bus services.
Early Bird train travel
Touch on and touch off before 7.15am and make sure you have a positive myki Money balance to receive the free Early Bird fare on your metropolitan train journey.
If you travel often, you can buy consecutive days with a myki Pass. Choose where you’ll be travelling and how many days you need. You can buy a myki Pass for 7 days or anywhere between 28 and 365 days.
Weekly (7 day) myki Pass fare table
Weekly rate 7 day pass
Daily rate for 28-365*day myki Pass
|Daily rate for 28-365**||Zone 1+2r||Zone 2|
* Multiply this daily rate by the number of days required to calculate the myki Pass cost. When you buy a myki Pass for 326-365 days you only pay for 325 days, receiving up to 40 days free.
|Mode||Fare type||Default zone/s||Default fare|
|Train||Full fare||2 hour Zone 1+2||$4.40|
|Concession||2 hour Zone 1+2||$2.20|
|Tram||Full fare||2 hour Zone 1||$4.40|
|Concession||2 hour Zone 1||$2.20|
|Bus||Full fare||2 hour myki money fare between where a customer boards and the zone at the end of the service.Cell||All zones between and including the zone where the customer touches on and the zone at the end of the service.|
For more information, see Students.
PTV fee ID table
|Student ID type||Date range||Fee|
|PTV School Student ID||For primary and secondary students. Valid from purchase until 28 February 2019||$9|
|PTV Tertiary Student ID - First half year||For tertiary students only attending a course for 10 to 20 weeks. Valid from purchase until 31 July 2019||$9|
|PTV Tertiary Student ID - Second half year||For tertiary students only attending a course for 10 to 20 weeks. Valid from 1 July 2018 until 28 February 2019||$9|
Victorian Student Pass cost table
You can purchase a student pass if you're:
- a full-time primary or secondary student living in Victoria
- a full-time VCE or VCAL student studying at TAFE
|First half year||Purchase to 31 July 2019||$317.00|
|Second half year||1 July 2018 to 28 February 2019||$317.00|
|Yearly||Purchase to 28 February 2019||$607.00|