You’ll need a myki for your journey.
- If you use a myki Pass, you’ll need to choose the zones you want to travel in and the number of consecutive days you need when you buy it.
- If you use myki Money, your fare is automatically calculated as you touch on and touch off.
There are three fare groups, based on metropolitan zones: Free Tram Zone, Zone 1+2 and Zone 2 only. Find out more about zones.
Free Tram Zone
- Applies to tram travel only.
- If you're only travelling in the Free Tram Zone, your journey is free and you don't need a myki. If you accidentally touch on, you'll be charged a 2 hour Zone 1+2 fare. For more information, see the Fares and Ticketing Manual.
- If you start or finish your journey outside the Free Tram Zone you need to pay for your journey and use a myki.
- Applies to train, tram and bus travel.
- Travel entirely within Zone 1.
- Travel between the Free Tram Zone, Zone 1 and Zone 2.
- Travel between Zone 1 and Zone 2.
Zone 2 only
myki Money 2 hour fare
|2 hour||Zone 1 + 2||Zone 2|
myki Money Daily fare
|Daily||Zone 1 + 2||Zone 2|
myki Daily fare caps
A daily cap is the maximum you'll pay for a day’s unlimited travel – it’s the same as two 2 hour fares, for the zones you travel in.
Other daily fare caps
|Other ticket / caps||Full fare||Concession||Seniors|
|Weekend daily cap||$6.70||$3.35||-|
|Public holiday cap||$6.70||$3.35||$3.35*|
*Seniors also receive free travel on Saturdays and Sundays for trips entirely within one or two consecutive zones (including within Zone 1+2) and on regional town bus services.
Early Bird train travel
Touch on and touch off within two hours and before 7.15am on a weekday, and make sure you have a positive myki Money balance, to receive the free Early Bird fare on your metropolitan train journey.
Please note: V/Line train services are not eligible for the Early Bird fare, except for travel between Pakenham or Sunbury and Melbourne.
If you travel often, you can buy consecutive days with a myki Pass. Choose where you’ll be travelling and how many days you need. You can buy a myki Pass for 7 days or anywhere between 28 and 365 days.
Weekly (7 day) myki Pass fare table
Weekly rate 7 day pass
Daily rate for 28-365*day myki Pass
|Daily rate for 28-365**||Zone 1+2r||Zone 2|
For more information, see School students.
PTV fee ID table
|Student ID type||Date range||Fee|
|PTV School Student ID||For primary and secondary students. Valid from purchase until 28 February 2022||$9|
|PTV Tertiary Student ID - First half year||For tertiary students only attending a course for 10 to 20 weeks. Valid from purchase until 31 July 2022||$9|
|PTV Tertiary Student ID - Second half year||For tertiary students only attending a course for 10 to 20 weeks. Valid from 1 July 2021 until 28 February 2022||$9|
Victorian Student Pass cost table
You can purchase a student pass if you're:
- a full-time primary or secondary student living in Victoria
- a full-time VCE or VCAL student studying at TAFE
|First half year||Purchase to 31 July 2022||$328.00|
|Second half year||1 July 2021 to 28 February 2022||$328.00|
|Yearly||Purchase to 28 February 2022||$631.00|