The Travel Pass is a short-term ticket issued for one, seven or 30 days of travel that gives you free travel on all trains, trams and buses in metropolitan Melbourne and on some regional town buses.
It's issued by a community service organisation or charity, authorised by PTV.
Drivers on Mornington Peninsula bus routes 787 and 788 can also sell the 1 Day Travel Pass to passengers who present their Victorian Seniors Card and pay a fare of $4.30.
You can use your Travel Pass on:
- all public transport in metropolitan Melbourne (Zone 1+2)
- regional buses that use myki
- Mornington Peninsula buses.
Your Travel Pass can’t be used on V/Line services outside Zone 1+2.
Validating your Travel Pass
- Your 1 Day Travel Pass is valid on the day, month, and year punched.
- Your 7 Day Travel Pass is valid for seven days commencing the day of the month and years it has been punched.
- Your 30 Day Travel Pass is valid for 30 days commencing the day of the month and years it has been punched.
- You can’t use a Travel Pass if more than one date is punched or if the day, month or year is missing.
- You can request your Travel Pass be validated for a future date.
If your Travel Pass is validated incorrectly, take it back to the place of issue.
How to travel
- A correctly punched Travel Pass can be exchanged for a later date, as long as you exchange it before the date of travel.
- Keep your Travel Pass with you for your entire trip and show it to Authorised Officers, bus drivers and station barrier staff, if asked.
- You don’t need to carry proof of concession when travelling with a Travel Pass.
- A lost or stolen Travel Pass can’t be replaced.
For more information call 1800 800 007.
The 12-month trial of the 7 Day and 30 Day Travel Pass tickets are part of Public Transport Victoria's ongoing work to make our public transport system simpler and fairer for customers across Victoria.