Reimbursements after travelling

Learn about the reasons you can apply for reimbursements after travelling with myki or V/Line paper tickets.

If you have unused myki Pass days on your card because a medical condition prevented you from travelling, you can:

Wait until your myki Pass has expired and include a doctor’s certificate that covers every day claimed in your application. Statutory declarations can’t be accepted as evidence.

You must have been unable to travel for a minimum number of days:

  • 7 day myki Pass – at least three business days missed
  • 28 to 69 day myki Pass – at least seven days missed
  • 70 to 365 day myki Pass – at least seven days missed, plus another two days missed for every 30 days (or part thereof) that the pass could have been used.

To be reimbursed for a V/Line paper ticket, visit a staffed V/Line station or V/Line agent.

You can apply for a reimbursement if you paid a higher fare because of faulty ticketing equipment. All applications are checked against our ticketing equipment and recorded faults. Give us as much information as you can to help us process your application.

Apply online or call 1800 800 007 (6am–midnight; all night Friday and Saturday).

If your journey was affected by a severe disruption or industrial action, you may be able to claim money back.

Severe disruption is when regular services don’t run and replacement services are unavailable for an extended time.

If this happens, we’ll let you know on our website whether you’ll be compensated automatically or need to apply online for a reimbursement.

In many instances, affected and eligible passengers will be identified and compensation amounts will be paid with no action required by you. In other cases you’ll need to contact us.

If there’s another reason you think you're eligible for reimbursement:

For V/Line paper tickets, you can also apply at staffed V/Line stations.