We help people with different communication needs use public transport. The tools we use include communication boards that you can find at PTV Hubs, or on this page.
How we can help you
Staff at the PTV Hubs and public transport call centre can help you with all your public transport questions. They can help you with ticketing and help you plan your journey.
At PTV Hubs our staff can use communication tools including Communication boards.
To speak to one of our call centre team, call 1800 800 007.
If you're deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can use the National Relay Service to contact us. Once you contact the National Relay Service, ask to call 1800 800 007.
TTY users can also call us directly on 03 9619 2727.
V/Line staff at regional stations and on regional trains have communication tools to help you with your journey. Find more information about V/Line's communication tools on the V/Line website.
Communication Access Symbol
We’ve partnered with Scope to train our staff to communicate with people that have different needs. Staff at PTV Hubs and the public transport call centre are accredited with the Communication Access Symbol.
When you see the Communication Access Symbol it means that:
- our staff understand how different people communicate
- our staff have communication tools to help them communicate with you
- information is available in different formats.
Find more information about the Communication Access Symbol on the Scope website.
We’ve developed communication boards about travelling on public transport.
At every PTV Hub, you'll see this sign:
Point to this sign to let staff know you’d like to use a communication board to help get your message across. Staff will then show you the boards they have.
You can also download and print our communication boards:
- Download the Picture board (PDF) 219 KB
- Download the Sentence board (PDF) 102 KB
- Download the Spelling board (PDF) 150 KB
- Download the myki and free travel pass picture board (PDF) 163 KB
- Download the myki and free travel pass sentence board (PDF) 100 KB