You can enjoy a free Carer coded myki, concession fares and free weekend travel with a Victorian Carer Card ('We Care' card) issued by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing. To apply, please visit Carer Card.
The Victorian Carer Card ('We Care' card) entitles you to free weekend travel in any two consecutive zones. Cardholders who live in Victoria also have access to two or four free off-peak travel vouchers per year (depending on where you live). You'll need to register to receive these.
Off-peak travel vouchers can be redeemed for travel on:
- metropolitan services at any time
- regional services at any time, if the journey does not enter or leave Melbourne
- regional services that enter or leave Melbourne on weekends or public holidays
- regional services that enter or leave Melbourne between 9am–4pm on weekdays
- regional services that enter or leave Melbourne after 6pm on weekdays
You will also receive free travel during Carers Week.
To find out more about the Victorian Carer Card, visit the Carer Card website.
How to travel
Remember to always carry your Victorian Carer Card with you when you travel.
Passengers with an Android phone can use Mobile myki, and select General concession as the fare type. Please note that only the 50 per cent of full fare discount is currently available for General concession. We're working to introduce other concession card types to Mobile myki that will have the relevant additional fare benefits associated to them.