Free travel vouchers
We've gone paperless and introduced more booking options to make it easier to redeem your travel vouchers. You'll never need to worry about losing your vouchers ever again!
If you've already registered, you do not need to register again.
To access free travel vouchers annually, you must live in Victoria and hold a:
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) (all codes) or
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) PCC or
- Victorian Seniors Card or
- Victorian Carer Card (‘We Care’ Card).
Customers can register for free travel vouchers under one of the above listed categories only.
Victorian Senior Business Discount card holders are not eligible.
Eligible metropolitan Melbourne residents receive two off-peak travel vouchers each year, while Victorians living in regional areas receive four.
If you're eligible, REGISTER HERE to gain access to the free travel voucher program. You only need to register once.
PTV has a twice yearly intake of registrations:
- Register between 1 March and 31 August and your voucher allocation will be available to access from 1 November
- Register between 1 September and 28 February and your voucher allocation will be available to access from 1 May.
If you're unsure if you have registered or want to check how many vouchers you have used or have left, you can check your registration status and voucher usage here.
Your allocation of vouchers will automatically renew on 1 November each year. Unused vouchers will not be carried over to the new period.
How to travel
You must have your Victorian Seniors, Pensioner Concession or We Care Carer card to use your vouchers.
Customer service staff will use your concession card number to find your voucher allocation, and check off your vouchers as you use them. If you can't remember which concession card you used to register, we can search by phone number or by surname and postcode to locate your entitlement.
Each travel voucher can be redeemed for:
- one Zone 1 + 2 daily ticket (for travel in metropolitan Melbourne)
- one Off-Peak return ticket (for travel in regional Victoria)
Visit a staffed station or V/Line agent any time, at least 30 minutes ahead of travel and show your concession card.
Call PTV on 1800 800 007 and allow 10 business days for postage of your ticket, or collect your ticket from a station or agent at least 30 minutes prior to travel.
- Your voucher allocation will automatically refresh on 1 November each year and are valid for 12 months (until 31 October the following year).
- Unused vouchers cannot be carried over.
- Vouchers are only valid for travel within Victoria and cannot be used as part of an interstate journey (except for travel to Albury, Mount Gambier and Deniliquin).
- When travelling, show your proof of eligibility and ticket to public transport staff if asked during your trip.
- Vouchers are not transferable and can only be used by the registered Victorian Senior, Pensioner Concession or We Care Carer card holder.
For more information on the free travel voucher program, see the Victorian Fares and Ticketing Conditions.