Free travel vouchers
Some customers are eligible for free travel vouchers each year. From 2020, a new opt-in process will be introduced and customers will need to register to receive free travel vouchers.
Check if you're eligible for free travel vouchers and where you can use them.
You're eligible* for free travel vouchers if you're a Victorian resident and a:
- Pensioner Concession Card holder issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (all codes, including Disability Support Pension or Carer Payment recipients)
- Victorian Seniors Card holder
- Victorian Carer Card ('We Care') holder
From 2020, regardless of which category you apply under, you'll receive two off-peak travel vouchers each year if you live in metropolitan Melbourne and four if you live in regional Victoria.
*Customers are entitled to vouchers under one category only. Only the cardholder is entitled to receive and use free travel vouchers.
If you're eligible, you must register by 31 July 2020 to receive your allocation of free travel vouchers, and vouchers will be mailed in September 2020. If you register after 31 July you will be included in the following year's mail-out.
You only need to register once and vouchers will be mailed to you each year, provided you remain eligible (your eligibility will be cross-checked with relevant government departments).
There are three ways you can register:
- Physical registration form - you can pick up a registration form from any staffed train station or PTV Hub. You'll need to post it back to PTV for processing (registration forms cannot be left at staffed stations):
Free Travel Voucher Registrations
GPO Box 2392
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001
Note: Many customers will have received a registration form in the mail with their last batch of vouchers. These have been provided as a courtesy to help those customers who may not have access to the internet to transition to the new 'opt-in' process.
- In person at a PTV Hub - you'll need to bring your eligibility card with you.
If your details change after you have registered, you'll need to let us know by calling 1800 800 007.
How to travel
Each travel voucher can be exchanged for:
- a 1 Day Travel Pass (for metro travel in zones 1+2); or
- an Economy class V/Line daily ticket*; or
- two Economy class V/Line single tickets* (to return on a different day)
*All vouchers issued from 2020 onwards can only be used on off-peak V/Line services. See the Terms and Conditions written on the voucher itself to be sure.
You must redeem and use your vouchers on or before the expiry date.
For more information on voucher redemption, see the Victorian Fares and Ticketing Manual.