Save 50 per cent on public transport with an International Student Travel Pass. 90-day, 180-day and 365-day passes are available.
Get a state-wide pass and enjoy unlimited travel on bus, train and tram across all of Victoria.
International undergraduate students can save $975* on travel with a 365-day International Student Travel Pass. A 180-day pass will save you $540* and a 90-day pass will save you $270*. That’s smart.
To be eligible for an International Student Travel Pass, you need to be:
- a full-time international student
- enrolled in a bachelor or associate degree, diploma or advanced diploma
- studying at an educational institute that’s signed up to the International Student Travel Pass program.
Please note: International exchange students, students with refugee status and recipients of Australian Award Scholarships are already eligible for discounted travel. The International Student Travel Pass doesn’t apply to these students. New Zealand students are eligible for the International Student Travel Pass.
Mobile myki is not available for the International Student Travel Pass.
The International Student Travel Pass covers all your travel
You can use your pass for all your travel, even if you’re just going out with friends or going to work. It also gives you access to all-night weekend travel on the Night Network.
Metropolitan Melbourne students
Students studying in Melbourne can purchase a state-wide pass that covers Zone 1, 2 and regional Victoria. This means you can travel anywhere in Victoria for the price of a Zone 1+2 pass.
Students studying at an institution in Zone 2 (for example, Deakin University in Burwood) have the option of purchasing a Zone 2-only pass if they prefer.
Regional students can purchase a state-wide pass that covers regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne. This means your pass allows you to travel into Melbourne as well.
Regional students can also choose to only purchase a pass that covers only the zone in which their institution is located.
|Current student pricing||State-wide pass (available for metropolitan and regional students)||Zone 2 pass only||Regional single zone pass (Zone 4/Zone 8/Zone 13)|
How does it work?
- Check to see if your institution is part of the International Student Travel Pass program.
- If it is, ask your institution how to apply for an International Student Travel Pass code.
- When you have your International Student Travel Pass code, go to the International Student Travel Pass website.
- Register your details to create an account and buy your International Student Travel Pass.
- Provide a current postal address and photo.
- Your International Student Travel Pass will be sent to you in 3 weeks.
- Start travelling with your International Student Travel Pass. It’s valid from the first day you touch on.
Follow Elasha and Tarzon as they travel by tram to explore St Kilda beach and enjoy the delights of Ackland Street. Both are undergraduate students and use their iUSEpass to get a 50% travel discount on public transport to get them around Melbourne for both study and leisure.
CBD, arcades and laneways: Tia from Hong Kong and Mehak from India use public transport daily and find it convenient to jump on trams and buses around town with their International Student Travel Pass (formerly known as the iUSEpass).