Companion Card

With a Companion Card, your carer or companion can travel free on trains, trams and buses when they travel with you.

You're eligible for a Companion Card if you need assistance when travelling on public transport. The card is issued by the Department of Health and Human Services. We also accept Companion Cards from other states and territories in Australia.

How to travel

Your Companion Card only gives your carer or companion free travel. You still need a valid ticket or free travel pass for your journey.

You and your carer or companion must travel together. You need to show your Companion Card to public transport staff if asked. Your carer or companion must be capable of providing you with all assistance you need, including any personal hygiene tasks. If not, they need to pay the usual fare for their journey.

If you're travelling on a V/Line train or coach, ask for a companion ticket and show staff your Companion Card.

How to apply

For more information or to apply, visit the Companion Card website