Vision Impaired Travel Pass

​You can travel free with a Vision Impaired Travel Pass if you're legally blind.


To be eligible for a Vision Impaired Travel Pass you must be:

  • assessed as permanently and legally blind by an ophthalmologist or optometrist
  • a Victorian resident.

How to travel

You can travel free on:

  • metropolitan trains, trams and buses
  • V/Line trains and coaches
  • regional town buses
  • regional services that have a contract or service agreement with Public Transport Victoria.

Check if your Vision Impaired Travel Pass is accepted before travelling with an interstate or private operator. These include NSW TrainLink, Great Southern Railway, airport services, tourist railways, privately run bus services and chartered trains, trams and buses.

Your pass will be loaded onto a personalised myki with your photo on it. You don't need to touch on or off. Show the pass to public transport staff when asked. Always carry your pass with you while travelling on public transport.

We also accept Vision Impaired Travel Passes from other states.

How to apply

Download the application form below:

There's information about how to apply on the form. If you would like the application form posted to you or help completing the form, call 1800 800 007 or visit a PTV Hub.