If you have a Pensioner Concession Card, you're eligible for a 50 per cent discount on travel and for Victorian residents only, free travel vouchers.

If you have a Victorian Seniors Card, you can travel with a Seniors myki

Concession passengers with an Android phone can use Mobile myki, and select General concession as the fare type.

Senior couple at Ballarat Station


You must have a Pensioner Concession Card issued by Services Australia (Centrelink) or the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can use a Pensioner Concession Card from any Australian state or territory.

Only the cardholder is eligible for this concession. If dependants are listed on your card, they may be eligible for another type of concession.

Free travel vouchers

You're eligible for annual free travel vouchers if you're a Victorian resident and a Pensioner Concession Card holder.

Depending on where you live, you're eligible for two or four off-peak free travel vouchers every year.

Off-peak travel vouchers can be redeemed for travel on:

  • metropolitan services at any time
  • regional services at any time, if the journey does not enter or leave Melbourne
  • regional services that enter or leave Melbourne on weekends or public holidays
  • regional services that enter or leave Melbourne between 9am–4pm on weekdays
  • regional services that enter or leave Melbourne after 6pm on weekdays

You'll need to register to receive your allocation of free travel vouchers. Find out more and register to receive free travel vouchers.

Digital Wallet

If you use the Centrelink Express Plus mobile app, you can use Digital Wallet to store your Pensioner Concession Card on your phone instead of carrying the physical card.

To find out more about Pensioner Concession Cards and Digital Wallet, visit the Services Australia website.

How to travel

  • Show your Pensioner Concession Card to buy a Concession myki.
  • Carry your Pensioner Concession Card and your myki when you travel.
  • If you're travelling on V/Line services or regional buses that don't use myki, you'll need to show your Pensioner Concession Card to pay the concession fare.
  • If you need to sit down when you travel, look for the priority seat signs and ask for a seat. You’ll find priority seats on every train, tram and bus.