Access Travel Pass

​You can travel with an Access Travel Pass if you have a permanent physical disability, cognitive condition or mental illness that prevents you from using myki.


To be eligible for an Access Travel Pass you must:

  • have a significant permanent physical disability, cognitive condition or mental illness
  • be unable to consistently touch on or off due to your condition
  • be able to travel independently on public transport, without assistance from a carer or companion
  • be a Victorian resident.

If you're not eligible for the Access Travel Pass, you may be eligible for a:

How to travel

With an Access Travel Pass, you can travel free on:

  • metropolitan trains, trams and buses
  • V/Line trains and coaches
  • regional town buses
  • regional services that have a contract or service agreement with Public Transport Victoria.

Check if your Access Travel Pass is accepted before travelling with an interstate or private operator. These include NSW TrainLink, Great Southern Railway, airport services, tourist railways, privately run bus services and chartered trains, trams and buses.

Your Access Travel Pass will be loaded onto a personalised myki with your photo on it. You don't need to touch on or off. Show the pass to public transport staff when asked. Always carry your pass with you while travelling on public transport.

How to apply

Download the Access Travel Pass application form below:

There's information about how to apply on the form. If you would like the application form posted to you or help completing the form, call 1800 800 007 or visit a PTV Hub.