​War Veteran Free Travel Pass

With a War Veteran Travel Pass you can travel free on trains, trams and buses. Check if you're eligible and find out how to apply.


The War Veteran Travel Pass is available to war veterans who:

  • have documentary evidence of their overseas war or peacekeeping service
  • can provide one of the following:
    • a Veteran Gold or White Card, or
    • evidence of a lump sum or ongoing compensation from the Department of Veterans' Affairs for an injury or illness related to their service
  • have a doctor confirm their illness or injury is due to service and that mobility is significantly limited
  • are Victorian residents.

If you're not eligible for a War Veteran Travel Pass, you may be eligible for:

How to travel

You can travel free on:

  • metropolitan trains, trams and buses
  • V/Line trains and coaches
  • regional town buses
  • regional services that have a contract or service agreement with Public Transport Victoria.

Check if your War Veteran Free Travel Pass is accepted before travelling with an interstate or private operator. These include NSW TrainLink, Great Southern Railway, airport services, tourist railways, privately run bus services and chartered trains, trams and buses.

Your pass will be loaded onto a personalised myki with your photo on it. You'll need to touch on and off when travelling on public transport.

How to apply

Download the War Veteran Travel Pass application form below:

There's information about how to apply on the form. If you need more information, or help applying, call 1800 800 007 or visit a PTV Hubs.