War Veteran/War Widow(er) Concession
If you're a war veteran or war widow(er), you may be eligible for a 50 per cent discount on travel. Check if you're eligible and download an application form.
In addition, you will have access to two or four free off-peak travel vouchers per year (depending on where you live).
To be eligible for a War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki you must:
- have documentary evidence of war or peacemaking service overseas
- hold a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold or White Card
- not be entitled to another type of concession (see below)
- live in Victoria.
You may also be able to apply for:
Free travel vouchers
You're eligible for annual free travel vouchers if you're a Victorian resident and a War Veteran/War Widow(er) Concession card holder.
Depending on where you live you're eligible for two or four off-peak free travel vouchers every year.
From 2020, eligible customers need to register to receive their allocation of free travel vouchers. Find out more and register to receive free travel vouchers.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you don't have any of these concession cards:
- Victorian Seniors Card
- Victorian Health Care Card
- Australian Pensioner Concession Card
- Victorian public transport free travel pass
- any other proof of concession.
How to apply
Download an application form below:
- War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki application form (PDF) 700 KB
- (Accessible Version) War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki application form (DOCX) 22 KB
How to travel
The War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki is personalised with your name and photo. When you touch on and off you'll pay a concession fare.
If you're travelling on V/Line services or regional buses that don't use myki, you'll need to show your War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki to pay the concession fare.
Concession passengers with an Android phone can use Mobile myki, and select General concession as the fare type.