War Veteran/War Widow(er)
If you're a war veteran or war widow(er), you may be eligible for a 50 per cent discount on travel and a free annual travel voucher. Check if you're eligible and download an application form.
To be eligible for a War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki you must:
- have documentary evidence of war or peacemaking service overseas
- hold a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold or White Card
- not be entitled to another type of concession (see below)
- live in Victoria.
You may also be able to apply for:
Who can apply?
You can apply if you don't have any of these concession cards:
- Victorian Seniors Card
- Victorian Health Care Card
- Australian Pensioner Concession Card
- Victorian public transport free travel pass
- any other proof of concession.
How to travel
The War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki is personalised with your name and photo. When you touch on and off you'll pay a concession fare.
If you're travelling on V/Line services or regional buses that don't use myki, you'll need to show your War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki to pay the concession fare.
Concession passengers with an Android phone can use Mobile myki, and select General concession as the fare type.
Free travel voucher
You'll be sent one free travel voucher per year. To find out how to use them, see Free travel vouchers.
How to apply
Download an application form below:
- War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki application form (PDF) 115 KB
- War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki application form - accessible version (RTF) 1.2 MB