War Veteran/War Widow(er) Concession

​If you're a war veteran or war widow(er), you may be eligible for a 50 per cent discount on travel. Check if you're eligible and download an application form.

In addition, you will have access to two or four free off-peak travel vouchers per year (depending on where you live).


To be eligible for a War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki you must:

  • have documentary evidence of war or peacemaking service overseas
  • hold a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold or White Card
  • not be entitled to another type of concession (see below)
  • live in Victoria.

Visit the Department of Veterans' Affairs and Department of Defence websites for a list of recognised overseas war and peacekeeping operations.

You may also be able to apply for:

Who can apply?

You can apply if you don't have any of these concession cards:

  • Victorian Seniors Card
  • Victorian Health Care Card
  • Australian Pensioner Concession Card
  • Victorian public transport free travel pass
  • any other proof of concession.

How to travel

The War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki is personalised with your name and photo. When you touch on and off you'll pay a concession fare.

If you're travelling on V/Line services or regional buses that don't use myki, you'll need to show your War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki to pay the concession fare.

Concession passengers with an Android phone can use Mobile myki, and select General concession as the fare type. 

Free travel vouchers

If you are a Victorian resident and have a Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs, you may be eligible for free travel vouchers.

How to apply

Download an application form below:

There's information about how to apply on the form. If you need more information, or help applying, call 1800 800 007 or visit a PTV Hub.