Disability Support Pension and Carer Payment recipients

​If you're a Disability Support Pension or Carer Payment recipient, you may be eligible for free and discounted travel.

This includes:

  • a 50 per cent discount on a full fare
  • free travel on Saturdays and Sundays in two consecutive zones
  • two free off-peak travel vouchers each year.


To be eligible, you must:

  • hold a Pensioner Concession Card coded DSP or CAR
  • be aged under 60 years
  • be a Victorian resident.

Only the cardholder is entitled to the concession discount and free travel - any dependents named on the card aren't included.

If you have a Disability Support Pension (Blind) Concession Card, you can apply for a Vision Impaired Travel Pass.

How to travel

  • If you're eligible, you can buy your Concession myki at a staffed station. If you don't need to travel straight away, you can apply to have a free Concession myki sent to you. Use the Free Weekend Travel form below.
  • Your Concession myki will have the free weekend travel loaded onto it.
  • You must carry your DSP or CAR Concession Card and your myki when you travel.
  • If you're travelling on V/Line services or regional buses that don't use myki, you'll need to show your DSP or CAR Concession Card to pay the concession fare.

You can download an application form for your free Concession myki below:

PTV Free Weekend Travel application form (PDF) 349 KB  

PTV Free Weekend Travel application form - accessible version (DOCX) 24 KB

Concession passengers with an Android phone can use Mobile myki, and select General concession as the fare type. Please note only the 50 per cent of full fare discount is currently available for General concession. We're working to introduce other concession card types to Mobile myki that will have the relevant additional fare benefits associated to them.

Free travel vouchers

You'll be sent two free off-peak travel vouchers every year. You'll need to let us know if you change your address by calling 1800 800 007.