Disability Support Pension and Carer Payment recipients
If you're a Disability Support Pension or Carer Payment recipient, you may be eligible for free and discounted travel.
- a 50 per cent discount on a full fare
- free travel on Saturdays and Sundays in two consecutive zones
- free travel vouchers.
If you have a Disability Support Pension (Blind) Concession Card, you can apply for a Vision Impaired Travel Pass.
To be eligible, you must:
- hold a Pensioner Concession Card coded DSP or CAR
- be aged under 60 years
- be a Victorian resident.
Only the cardholder is entitled to the concession discount and free travel - any dependents named on the card aren't included.
Free travel vouchers
You're eligible for annual free travel vouchers if you're a Victorian resident and a Disability Support Pension or Carer Payment recipient.
Depending on where you live you're eligible for two or four off-peak free travel vouchers every year.
From 2020, eligible customers need to register to receive their allocation of free travel vouchers. Find out more and register to receive free travel vouchers.
How to travel
- If you're eligible, you can buy your Concession myki at a staffed station. If you don't need to travel straight away, you can apply to have a free Concession myki sent to you. Use the Free Weekend Travel form below.
- Your Concession myki will have the free weekend travel loaded onto it.
- You must carry your DSP or CAR Concession Card and your myki when you travel.
- If you're travelling on V/Line services or regional buses that don't use myki, you'll need to show your DSP or CAR Concession Card to pay the concession fare.
You can download an application form for your free Concession myki below:
Concession passengers with an Android phone can use Mobile myki, and select General concession as the fare type. Please note only the 50 per cent of full fare discount is currently available for General concession. We're working to introduce other concession card types to Mobile myki that will have the relevant additional fare benefits associated to them.