Disability Support Pension and Carer Payment recipients
If you're a Disability Support Pension or Carer Payment recipient, you may be eligible for free and discounted travel.
- a 50 per cent discount on a full fare
- free travel on Saturdays and Sundays in two consecutive zones
- free travel vouchers.
If you have a Disability Support Pension (Blind) Concession Card, you can apply for a Vision Impaired Travel Pass.
To be eligible, you must:
- hold a Pensioner Concession Card coded DSP or CAR
- be aged under 60 years
- be a Victorian resident.
Only the cardholder is entitled to the concession discount and free travel - any dependents named on the card aren't included.
Free travel vouchers
You're eligible for annual free travel vouchers if you're a Victorian resident and a Disability Support Pension or Carer Payment recipient. Find out more and register to receive free travel vouchers.
How to travel
- If you're eligible, you can buy your Concession myki at a staffed station. If you don't need to travel straight away, you can apply to have a free Concession myki sent to you. Use the Free Weekend Travel form below.
- Your Concession myki will have the free weekend travel loaded onto it.
- You must carry your DSP or CAR Concession Card and your myki when you travel.
- If you're travelling on V/Line services or regional buses that don't use myki, you'll need to show your DSP or CAR Concession Card to pay the concession fare.