What is Night Bus?
Night Bus is the all night bus service that runs on 21 routes on Friday and Saturday nights.
When does Night Bus run?
Ten routes run to and from the city about every 30 minutes. Eleven routes run from suburban stations every 60 minutes to connect with trains.
Where do buses run?
There are 21 Night Bus routes, 10 routes run from the city and 11 routes run from suburban stations to connect with trains. You can get off a service at any bus stop or kerbside tram stop, and get on at flagged Night bus stops.
Night Bus routes are:
- Route 941: City, Footscray, Sunshine North, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens
- Route 942: City, Footscray, Sunshine, Deer Park, St Albans
- Route 943: Watergardens, Caroline Springs, Melton
- Route 944: City, Newport, Altona, Altona Meadows, Point Cook
- Route 945: City, Geelong Road, Tarneit, Hoppers Crossing, Werribee, Wyndham Vale
- Route 951: City, Moonee Ponds, Brunswick West, Pascoe Vale, Glenroy
- Route 952: City, Footscray, Maribyrnong, Airport West, Gladstone Park, Broadmeadows
- Route 953: Broadmeadows, Meadow Heights, Roxburgh Park, Craigieburn
- Route 955: City, Brunswick, Ivanhoe, Bundoora, Mill Park, South Morang, Mernda
- Route 961: City, Collingwood, Eastern Freeway, Templestowe, Doncaster
- Route 963: Ringwood, Mooroolbark, Lilydale
- Route 964: Croydon, Kilsyth, Mt Evelyn, Lilydale
- Route 965: Lilydale, Woori Yallock, Healesville loop
- Route 966: City, Kew, Doncaster Road, Box Hill
- Route 967: Glen Waverley, Burwood Highway, Bayswater (returns via Bayswater North, Ferntree Gully)
- Route 969: City, Caulfield, Ferntree Gully Road, Rowville, Wantirna, Ringwood
- Route 970: Carrum, Frankston, Mornington, Rosebud
- Route 978: Elsternwick, Ormond, Huntingdale, Mulgrave, Dandenong (returns via Princes Highway)
- Route 979: Elsternwick, Bentleigh, Clarinda, Keysborough, Dandenong
- Route 981: Dandenong, Berwick, Narre Warren South, Cranbourne
- Route 982: Dandenong, Endeavour Hills, Hampton Park, Cranbourne
Night Bus replaced NightRider services.
What if my connecting train is running late?
At some stations, Night Bus services wait for trains that are running late.
Buses will wait for up to 30 minutes at: Broadmeadows, Carrum, Croydon, Dandenong, Elsternwick, Frankston, Glen Waverley, Lilydale, Ringwood and Watergardens stations.
Buses will wait for five minutes at: Bayswater, Caulfield, South Morang and Ringwood stations.
Keep up-to-date with disruption information by downloading the PTV app.
Do I use myki to travel?
Yes, touch on as you normally would to travel with a valid ticket.
For more information, see Night Network fares and ticketing.
Where can I find out more?
For downloadable route descriptions and FAQs, or to have your say visit the Night Network Get involved page.
For route information see the Maps page.