Find out how to keep safe when travelling on and around public transport.
We've rolled out QR codes in more than 440 key locations across the public transport network, including tram stops in the Free Tram Zone, Metro and V/Line stations and key replacement bus stops. We are now installing QR codes on every tram, train and bus.
Please check in every time you see QR codes at stations, platforms and stops and while you travel on trains, trams and buses.
Learn more about QR Codes on our coronavirus information page.
Campaigns and intiatives
Find more information on:
- Travelling on and around metropolitan trains, on the Metro Trains website
- Travelling on trams, on the Yarra Trams website
- Regional trains, on the V/Line website
- Finding a priority seat if you require one
- Things you can can do to help keep you and others safe while travelling, at Avoid Rushing. Hold on. Watch your step.
- Travelling with small children, at Prams and strollers
- Sharing the road with trams, at Driving safely with trams
- Useful tips to keep you safe around rail crossings and tram tracks, at Crossing safely
- School bus safety improvements
- How we work with Victoria Police and public transport operators to help make your journey safer on the public transport network, at Safety You Can See
- Victoria Police's advice for staying safe, on the Victoria Police website