Every customer has the right to reach their destination safely.
Public Transport Victoria and the operators have some safe travel tips to help you enjoy a comfortable journey.
Customers travelling on public transport may incur infringements for placing feet on seats, consuming alcohol, indecent language, forcing doors, littering and smoking*.
*Please note: No smoking is allowed on trains, trams, buses or at train stations, raised platform tram stops, tram shelters or bus shelters.
If you witness an emergency, accident, offence or act of vandalism while using Victoria's public transport network please report it to Emergency Assistance by calling 000.
- Train safety: Everything you need to know about safe travel on trains.
- Tram safety: Everything you need to know about safe travel on trams.
- Bus safety: Everything you need to know about safe travel on buses.
- Travelling with children: Some simple travel tips for travelling safely with children.
- Railway crossing safety awareness: Safety campaign that encourages people to think ahead when using railway crossings.
- Safe travel initiatives: A number of safe travel initiatives have been developed to assist you travel safely on the public transport network.