Every customer has the right to reach their destination safely.
Public Transport Victoria and the operators have some safe travel tips to help you enjoy a comfortable journey.
Customers travelling on public transport may incur infringements for placing feet on seats, consuming alcohol, indecent language, forcing doors, littering and smoking*.
*Please note: No smoking is allowed on trains, trams, buses or at train stations, raised platform tram stops, tram shelters or bus shelters. From 1 August 2017, no smoking is also defined as e-cigarettes.
If you witness an emergency, accident, offence or act of vandalism while using Victoria's public transport network please report it to Emergency Assistance by calling 000.
- Train safety: Everything you need to know about safe travel on trains.
- Tram safety: Everything you need to know about safe travel on trams.
- Bus safety: Everything you need to know about safe travel on buses.
- Travelling with children: Some simple travel tips for travelling safely with children.
- Railway crossing safety awareness: Safety campaign that encourages people to think ahead when using railway crossings.