Bus and coach
Permanent changes to buses including new routes, timetable upgrades and route changes. For more information about any of these changes, call 1800 800 007 or follow the links below.
From 29 January 2020, some Bendigo town bus services will have updated timetables, to improve connections to train services. Route 70 will also connect students to La Trobe University and Bendigo South East College in the morning and afternoons on school days.
A new and improved town bus network in Horsham start in January 2020. The new network will be simpler, with four routes that come more often, including in peak periods.
From Sunday, 26 January 2020, bus Route 357 will be extended one kilometre further north of Eaststone Avenue to Edgars Creek Secondary College to give Wollert residents north of Harvest Home Road improved access to public transport.
From Sunday 22 December, a new bus service will connect Craigieburn and Donnybrook stations, running via Trillium, Merrifield and Cloverton estates.
The new route will give people the option to leave the car at home when travelling to Craigieburn for work, education or shopping.
From Sunday 1 December 2019, four bus routes in the Bellarine will be more frequent on weekends. An extra 48 return services will be added to routes 55, 56, 60 and 61 – an additional three return services every Saturday and Sunday, on each of the four routes.
From Monday 2 December 2019, Melbourne’s booming west will have new and improved bus services including two new routes.
A trial service between Echuca and Barmah, servicing the communities of Cummeragunja and Moama in January 2019. From 31 October 2019, the timetable will change to better meet community needs.
Four extra weekday morning services are being introduced on routes 302 and 304 in a temporary measure to reduce crowding and left behinds for passengers between Balwyn, Kew and the CBD. The extra services will start in late November 2019.
From Sunday 17 November 2019, routes 216 and 220 will be adjusted, and three new routes will be implemented:
- Route 216 will run between Sunshine Station and the CBD via Dynon Road and be more frequent
- Route 220 will run between Sunshine Station and the CBD via Footscray Road
- The new Route 429 will connect Sunshine Station and Sunshine South
- The new Route 603 will run between Brighton Beach Station and the Alfred Hospital
- The new Route 604 will connect Gardenvale Station to the Alfred Hospital
- These new and upgraded services will replace Route 219.
These changes will allow:
- Better on-time running, giving passengers a more reliable service
- Coordination with other public transport services along the routes (including train and trams)
- Frequencies that reflect passenger demand.
From 17 November 2019, the Route 708 bus timetable will have an extra afternoon service and improved coordination with school bell times. This will reduce crowding and help students get to and from their local school.
From Sunday 6 October, the new bus Route 45 will service Armstrong Creek, connecting Warralily Village shopping centre, Waurn Ponds shopping centre and Waurn Ponds Station.
From Sunday 6 October 2019, a temporary bus route change will become permanent for Route 903 Altona to Mordialloc. The bus will stop at Rose Street when travelling to Altona, and at Mt Alexander Road when travelling to Mordialloc.
From Sunday 8 September, Cowes bus and coach services will use the new Cowes Transit Centre between Chapel and Church streets. Services will no longer stop at the Chapel Street/Thompson Avenue bus stop.
From Sunday 28 July 2019, we’re extending routes and adding more services at peak times on buses in Melbourne's west.
Extra weekday services will run on routes 167, 495 and 498. This will improve connections to Werribee, Tarneit, Williams Landing and Hoppers Crossing stations.
Minor timetable adjustments will be made to bus routes 166, 181 and 494 to accommodate changes to the other routes in the area.
From Sunday 7 July 2019, the Macedon Ranges bus network will be easier to understand and use. The current bus service between Sunbury, Lancefield and Kyneton will be split into three distinct routes.
- Sunbury Station/Clarkefield to Lancefield Primary School
- Gisborne town centre to Lancefield Primary School
- Lancefield Primary School to Kyneton town Centre
More services and better links for Latrobe Valley
From Sunday 23 June 2019, bus services between Moe, Newborough and Morwell will be changing:
- Route 14 will start earlier and finish later on weekdays, start around the same time but run later on weekends
- Route 15 will start around the same time but finish later on weekdays and weekends
- Route 21 will be changed and extended to the new GovHub facility currently under construction
- Small changes will be introduced to Route 40 and 44 timetable to improve on-time running for passengers
From Sunday 16 June 2019, residents in Moorabbin, Bentleigh, Murrumbeena and Chadstone will have easier access to key local destinations, with a new bus service linking the Cranbourne, Pakenham and Frankston train lines.
View the new Route 627 timetable.
From Sunday 16 June 2019, Seaford, Skye, Carrum Downs and Cranbourne will have easier access to key local destinations, with a new bus service linking the Cranbourne and Frankston train lines.
View new Route 760 timetable.
Route 426 to stop on Westwood Drive
From Sunday 19 May 2019, Route 426 will have a new timetable with 10 new stops on Westwood Drive in Burnside.
Changes to regional bus and coach services
From Sunday 31 March 2019, we’re making changes across the regional public transport network, including:
- Geelong to Lorne and Apollo Bay coaches will stop at Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre
- Stawell and Halls Gap will get more coach services
- Shepparton coach services will have some changes (due to rail changes)
- Seymour, Kilmore East and Wallan town buses will have some timetable changes to maintain train connections
- Lara Routes 10 and 12 will have minor timetable changes
- Daylesford to Woodend will get more coach services
New timetables are available below and at staffed stations:
- View Geelong to Warrnambool via Lorne and Apollo Bay timetable
- View Halls Gap to Melbourne via Stawell and Ballarat coach timetable
- View Daylesford to Melbourne via Woodend or Castlemaine (train and coach services)
From Sunday 18 March, we’ll be relocating bus stops on Route 456 and Night Bus Route 943 off the Western Highway and into Rockbank. New timetables will be available from Friday 1 March 2019.
From 1 April 2019, buses in Kyneton will run six days a week from Monday to Saturday. New timetables will be available from Friday 1 March 2019.
From 8 March 2019, an accessible taxi will meet the last V/Line coach from Melbourne at Anderson Interchange each Friday.