Bus and coach
Permanent changes to buses including new routes, timetable upgrades and route changes. For more information about any of these changes, call 1800 800 007 or follow the links below.
From Sunday 28 July 2019, we’re extending routes and adding more services at peak times on buses in Melbourne's west.
Extra weekday services will run on routes 167, 495 and 498. This will improve connections to Werribee, Tarneit, Williams Landing and Hoppers Crossing stations.
Minor timetable adjustments will be made to bus routes 166, 181 and 494 to accommodate changes to the other routes in the area.
From Sunday 7 July 2019, the Macedon Ranges bus network will be easier to understand and use. The current bus service between Sunbury, Lancefield and Kyneton will be split into three distinct routes.
- Sunbury Station/Clarkefield to Lancefield Primary School
- Gisborne town centre to Lancefield Primary School
- Lancefield Primary School to Kyneton town Centre
More services and better links for Latrobe Valley
From Sunday 23 June 2019, bus services between Moe, Newborough and Morwell will be changing:
- Route 14 will start earlier and finish later on weekdays, start around the same time but run later on weekends
- Route 15 will start around the same time but finish later on weekdays and weekends
- Route 21 will be changed and extended to the new GovHub facility currently under construction
- Small changes will be introduced to Route 40 and 44 timetable to improve on-time running for passengers
From Sunday 16 June 2019, residents in Moorabbin, Bentleigh, Murrumbeena and Chadstone will have easier access to key local destinations, with a new bus service linking the Cranbourne, Pakenham and Frankston train lines.
View the new Route 627 timetable.
From Sunday 16 June 2019, Seaford, Skye, Carrum Downs and Cranbourne will have easier access to key local destinations, with a new bus service linking the Cranbourne and Frankston train lines.
View new Route 760 timetable.
Route 426 to stop on Westwood Drive
From Sunday 19 May 2019, Route 426 will have a new timetable with 10 new stops on Westwood Drive in Burnside.
Changes to regional bus and coach services
From Sunday 31 March 2019, we’re making changes across the regional public transport network, including:
- Geelong to Lorne and Apollo Bay coaches will stop at Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre
- Stawell and Halls Gap will get more coach services
- Shepparton coach services will have some changes (due to rail changes)
- Seymour, Kilmore East and Wallan town buses will have some timetable changes to maintain train connections
- Lara Routes 10 and 12 will have minor timetable changes
- Daylesford to Woodend will get more coach services
New timetables are available below and at staffed stations:
- View Geelong to Warrnambool via Lorne and Apollo Bay timetable
- View Halls Gap to Melbourne via Stawell and Ballarat coach timetable
- View Daylesford to Melbourne via Woodend or Castlemaine (train and coach services)
From Sunday 18 March, we’ll be relocating bus stops on Route 456 and Night Bus Route 943 off the Western Highway and into Rockbank. New timetables will be available from Friday 1 March 2019.
From 1 April 2019, buses in Kyneton will run six days a week from Monday to Saturday. New timetables will be available from Friday 1 March 2019.
From 8 March 2019, an accessible taxi will meet the last V/Line coach from Melbourne at Anderson Interchange each Friday.
From Thursday 24 January 2019 there'll be a new trial service between Echuca and Barmah, servicing the communities of Cummeragunja and Moama.
Temporary changes to these routes due to road works finished on Sunday 4 November 2018.
Following the removal of the level crossing at Buckley Street near Essendon Station, buses returned to Rose and Russell streets from Sunday 11 November 2018.
From Sunday 23 September 2018, buses in the Bendigo region are upgraded, including:
The Plenty Valley bus network was adjusted to connect to the three new stations at Mernda, Hawkstowe and Middle Gorge. Routes 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386 and 387 were updated and a loop service for Mernda and Doreen, Route 388 and Route 389, was added.